Monday, February 20, 2012

Under The Snow

It's February but it had started to feel like spring. Daffodils and crocuses had bloomed, there were rainy days, warm air and cool breezes. I was really starting to look forward to spring, I could almost see it in sight! But then it snowed. And now it feels like winter again. But that's North Carolina weather for you and I've learned to just accept whatever it decides to bring. All the misleading sings of spring are hidden now, buried under three inches of snow. Below are a few pictures of my sister Nan, and friends Amy and Serina. This was when we were hoping for more days like this! It was so beautiful we went outside to enjoy it. 
After these, there are a few more pictures of the snow which is also very beautiful. 
The sun is out and it is slowly melting away but it was fun while it lasted! 
My sister Lauren and my niece, Ela stayed a week with us! 
I've also included some pictures of them before the snow.

Add caption
Jack


Nan and Amy soaking up the sun

Serina

Lovely Serina

The camera is our best friend :)

Beautiful Amy

I think this picture really captures Nan's sweet personality

I don't know why I took so many of the cat

Amy is showing me how to whistle with a blade of grass

Picture by Serina




More daffodils about to bloom!
Here is a little one

Cardinal's hangout

Look out for Spring,
the life underground,
The thawing and the overflow.
Oh early, early in the morning
we’ll go.

Seven shades of green
are painted on your door,
the field alive under the snow.
Oh early, early in the morning.
we’ll go.
-The Innocence Mission


Ela poking her mommy with a flower stem


Little people on a swing


swinging with her mommy











Ela can say Kitty Cat
My sister Lauren works for Stella and Dot, a jewelry company. People host trunk shows in their home and my mom did one this month. Here are some of the guests leaving with the surprise of snow on the ground!
Add caption



View from my window

















A charlie brown christmas tree










2 comments: